Pages

Friday, July 15, 2011

Homo *giggle* Ludens

I do not know why I keep doing this to myself.


I download Homo Ludens.
Adobe Reader tells me it is of a mere 227 pages.
I, ecstatic, log into my Facebook account for random happy status updates.
Oh this will be a piece of chocolate cake. 227 pages, ppfft.
I get a call to recieve a package.
THE KITE RUNNER, my favourite book from my favourite uncle.
I read.
Ma grunts disapprovingly.
Fine, Homo Ludens it is. :|

I start. Page 4.
Characteristics of Play.
Ritual.
French words.
More French words.
English words?

I consult my class notes.
Wha..? I have no class notes.


Tan tannaa taaa WIKIPEDIA
:O what the .. sigh.

Okay okay..Homo Ludens I can do this.
Re-reads.
WHAT? who is this Frobenius?
LOOKS UP.


I give up.
Bathe.
Eat.
Sleep.


Homo Ludens
I sit with it AGAIN.

2 comments:

Shuvayu "Nail" Bandyopadhyay said...

What is Homo Ludens?

Moo Kay said...

IT'S A book, by Johan Huizinga, it's a dutch book, means 'Playing MAn'. :/